Applications available for RMIT students
These applications can be downloaded from either the RMIT site or the software vendor’s page.
Note that software can only be used for education purposes, not for commercial use, and you will need to remove the software from your personal computer when you leave RMIT.
ANSYS provides free student software products perfect for work done outside the classroom, such as homework, capstone projects, student competitions and more. ANSYS Student products can be installed on any supported MS Windows 64-bit machine.
Learn more at: https://www.ansys.com/academic/free-student-products
For access, use your RMIT email to sign up at the Autodesk Education Community.
To request a license for ChemOffice please go to the following link and complete the registration steps using your RMIT email address.
Use EndNote to manage bibliographic references. Visit the Library's EndNote guide for additional downloads, training information and the 'EndNote: a beginner's guide'.
Endnote for Windows
- Download X8 EndNote for PC (EXE 80 MB) (login required)..
- Save your work and close any running applications, especially Microsoft Word.
- Double click the downloaded .EXE file to start the installation.
Endnote for Mac
- Go to X8 EndNote for Mac (DMG 95.6 MB) (login required).
- Double click on the downloaded file to open the EndNote Installer. Within this window drag the EndNote folder to the Applications folder.
The MATLAB TAH license has now been extended to include staff and students use on their personal computers.
The process for requesting these licenses is very easy. Please download the quick-start guide for information on how to create an account at MathWorks and to download, install and activate MATLAB.
The activation key for RMIT is 10304-02512-83409-57043-52077 - The RMIT email domain address is used to authenticate the key.
Microsoft Office 365
Office 365 Education for Students is available.
To install Office on up to 5 PCs or Macs and on other mobile devices, including Android, iPad, and Windows tablets, please visit the Office 365 web page to sign up.
NVivo for Windows
Download the install media via these links:
NVivo 12 32bit (431 MB)
NVivo 12 64bit (403 MB)
During the installation, enter the licence key - NVT12-LZ000-6AA20-YA632-5TW61
Note: The licence key will expire on 21 November 2019.
To update existing NVivo application with the new licence key:
- Open the application
- Enter the code - NVT12-LZ000-6AA20-YA632-5TW61
- Close then re-open the application
- Select the "Activate Now" button
- Check the details form
- Select Activate (via Internet should be selected as the default)
- Press OK
- Wait until NVivo opens.
NVivo for Mac
Download the install media (412MB)
During the installation, enter the licence key - NVT12-LZ000-89A20-YN66Z-I2PS4
- The licence key will expire on 21 November 2018.
- This Mac version is not as rich in features as the Windows version.
- Compare the Windows and Mac versions on the QSR site to determine if the features will suit your requirements. See - NVivo for Windows and NVivo for Mac.
Prism - Graphpad
For access, download Prism 8:
You'll then need to enter the following Prism serial number: GPS-1341275-LLQ5-B0C89.
SAS is available for staff and students to install on their personal computer.
SAS 9.4 is the current version available, and it is only available for Windows 64bit.
If you are a student of SMGS, please contact email@example.com for information on how to access media and licensing.
Shaderware Virtual Radiography (Windows only)
Shaderware Virtual Radiography is available to SEH staff and students only, for use on their personal computers. Please use the Service and Support Portal to request access to the installation media, licence file and installation documentation.
Please consult the installation documentation for the licence file save location. Shaderware support can provide further assistance.
The free 7zip software may be required to decompress the installation media.
Solidworks is available to Architecture and Design and SEH staff and students only.
During the installation, you will be asked to enter the SolidWorks serial key. To confirm eligibility and to request the serial key, log an IT service request by visiting the Service and Support portal.
When logging the request, please select 'General IT enquiry' and enter the following information in the Subject and Description fields:
- Solidworks license for personal device
- The school or course you are attending.
To download the installation media, please visit: www.solidworks.com/SEK
- Enter the SEK ID: XSEK12
- Complete the registration information and select the version stated with the serial number
- Download and install the 64 or 32 bit version of SolidWorks.
Note: The file size is large, so you will need a good broadband connection at home. If you have a laptop you can download and install SolidWorks on campus.
Academic Software Centre
The Academic Software Centre at https://rmit.onthehub.com/ also has some packages at discounted prices. Please register for an account with your RMIT email address. Complete the checklist before deciding on whether to buy a software licence. What you need may be already available at no cost.
If you have any issues with installations contact the Service and Support Centre for assistance