RMIT Training IT Support
RMIT Training has a dedicated IT team for students to help you with most tech-related enquiries you may have. They can help with using electronic devices, login problems, password issues, wi-fi connections, accessing student accounts, printing and photocopying.
What IT Support can help you with?
Our IT team are available on Level 3 to help you with most tech-related enquiries you may have. They can help with:
- Using your electronic devices
- What type of device will you need for study purposes
- Wi-fi connections
- Accessing student accounts
- Printing and photocopying
- Login problems
- Password issues
What laptop, tablet or computer do you buy to study?
Participating in online activities is part of the course requirement at RMIT, so students will need to bring their own laptop or tablet. Find out more about what type of device you need.
Students may be eligible for educational discounts offered by hardware and software vendors, such as Apple, HP, Dell or Lenovo. Please visit the vendors website, or contact the vendor, to take advantage of these deals.
RMIT provides free software for your studies.
- Microsoft Office 365 is available for free to all students. (Requires student login)
- Adobe Creative Cloud is only available to Foundation Studies Arts students. (Requires student login)
- You can also download a range of other software as an RMIT student. More information about software for your student devices can be found in this document (Requires student login)
- Online classes: Laptop or desktop computer running MacOS or Windows
- Face-to-Face classes at REW Melbourne: Laptop computer running MacOS or Windows
- iPads, iPhones, Android Phones and Android Tablets can be used to access online content, but NOT for assessments or assignments.
- Webcam, wired or Bluetooth headphones or speaker, and a microphone are required
- Chromebooks and eReaders are NOT supported
- The battery needs to last for at least 4 hours
- Modzilla Firefox or Chrome browser
Your device must be running one of these operating systems or better:
- Windows: 10 (1703), 8.1
- Mac: MacOS 10.14 to 10.12
If your laptop does not run the operating systems listed (or better) you may not be able to install all the software you need? Please visit IT on level 3 for more information and options.
IT Support Videos
Find out how to access your RMIT email, RMIT Wi-Fi, how to print, how to access myDesktop and more.