You are here
2020 Study Success Design Project
Late last year, the Study Success team at RMIT Training launched an online collaborative project for students to display their design skills and creativity. The 2020 Study Success Design Project invited students from the Foundation Studies Art and Design stream and Academic English programs to form a creative community to work together with Study Success Coach Mariani Vermeend.
The students were assigned a brief to "Visually represent your student journey in 2020" with the hope that their work will be displayed as part of the Study Success digital learning platform in 2021.
Responding to an Art and Design brief
The Design Project offered students the opportunity to practice and improve their English language skills while also getting the real-world experience of responding to a brief when creating an art project.
The key skills students were asked to demonstrate were:
- responding to a brief
- communicating a creative idea and expressing the motivation behind the design in a formal proposal
- using professional design language
- applying realisation, specs and logistics for the proposed design
- writing a resume for the purpose of submitting a design proposal
- learning to reflect individually and as a group about their art design processes.
Study Success Design Project Outcomes
Of the students who participated, we were impressed with their work. See the work from these talented Art and Design students below.
(Use the arrows on the bottom-right to navigate through the submissions)